Licensing and Complaint Issues
We Can Help with Administrative Complaints and Licensing Issues You Have with the Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco (AB&T). We can assist you in obtaining your Liquor License.
JEFFREY S. HOWELL, P.A., Attorneys at Law has years of experience helping professionals like you obtain a state license. If you are seeking an AB&T License, under investigation or have received an Administrative Complaint we can assist you to attain a license or to avoid stricter more costly penalties and discipline.
Let Us Help You:
- Review your Administrative Complaint and all other documentation
- Prepare a legally sufficient response to your Administrative Complaint
- Provide advice on what is required to be successful
- Gather the necessary records
- Represent you before the DBPR. Professionally and strategically present your case and mitigating circumstances to increase your chances of attaining your license or lessen your discipline.
JEFFREY S. HOWELL, P.A., Attorneys at Law focuses its practice on assisting those with alcohol licenses and those seeking alcohol licenses. JEFFREY S. HOWELL, P.A., Attorneys at Law is headquartered in Tallahassee, a few miles away from the Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DPBR), Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco (AB&T). JEFFREY S. HOWELL, P.A., Attorneys at Law has over 6 decades of experience of representing clients throughout the State of Florida. Having an experienced Tallahassee attorney with knowledge of state government, administrative law, state regulations, and license law will benefit you.
Our law firm is here to help you with all of your licensing needs, including:
- Licensing applications and denials: There are dozens of licenses that are given to those in the alcohol and tobacco business. The maze of licensing applications can be tedious and confusing. Let us help guide you! There are certain legal requirements you must satisfy to attain your license. In some instances, your license application may be denied. We can assist you through the process and help you avoid many of the common pitfalls and mistakes, which will save you and your business valuable time.
- Licensing renewals: To maintain your license, all licensees must comply with post-licensing or continuing education requirements and pay the necessary renewal fees. These requirements also apply to those licensees with a suspended license. Don’t go through the process alone, we can guide you through unknown hurdles and common pitfalls that may arise.
- Complaints: If you receive an Administrative Complaint from the Department of Business & Professional Regulation (DBPR), should you go it alone and speak with the investigator? Should you ignore the complaint? Complaints from patrons? Should you speak with the DPBR Attorney? Never risk your application or your license by going unrepresented.
- Administrative Complaints: Should you speak to the DBPR attorney after you have received an administrative complaint against your license? Should you accept the first settlement offer? Should you go it alone at the final action hearing? Our firm can help you through the administrative complaint process. We will assist you with responding to the administrative complaint, appear on your behalf for trial at the Division of Administrative Hearings (DOAH), to the final action meeting in front of DPBR. Your license is too important to take chances alone and risk disciplinary action, denial of license or loss of license. JEFFREY S. HOWELL, P.A., Attorneys at Law can help you.
Need advice? Don’t go at it alone, we are here to help you. Call Jeff Howell or Rick Strong for a FREE Consultation today at the law firm of JEFFREY S. HOWELL, P.A., Attorneys at Law at 850-877-7776.